Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gen Art's Fresh Faces in Fashion




A quick google search of Gen Art will tell you that it is the "leading arts and entertainment organization dedicated to showcasing emerging fashion designers, filmmakers, musicians, and visual artists."

A little further probing will tell you that designers like Zac Posen, Phillip Lim, Rebecca Taylor, Vena Cava, and Rami Kashou (Project Runway anyone??), among many others, have debuted with Gen Art.

Nine designers are presenting collections this year:
-Womenswear: Leyendecker, Rory Beca, Seneca Rising, and Valerj Pobega
-Menswear: MG Black
-Accessories: CC Skye (bags), The Generic Man (mens and womens shoes), Ludevine (fine jewelry), Stampd L.A. (sneakers)

The show is presented by Plastics Make It Possible, and hosted by Kaley Cuoco (of Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules fame).

Plastics Make It Possible is partnering with Gen Art this year and showcasing the importance of plastic in the fashion industry. You wouldn't think it but plastic is the key ingredient to stretchy clothing like skinny jeans (!!!) and socks. Plastic is also responsible for adding that extra glittery oomph to dresses and other items of clothing. Double check your closet and think about materials actually go into the clothes you wear on a day to day basis -- you'll likely be surprised.

---

MOVING ON from all that technicality and (actually really interesting) information, can I just go on for a minute about how ECSTATIC I am???

This is like...a LEGITIMATE fashion show. I will be rubbing elbows with the rich and fabulous ["Expected guests include Debi Mazur ("Entourage"), Johnny Galecki ("Big Bang Theory"), Monet Mazur ("The House Bunny"), Lo Bosworth ("The Hills"), Karina Smirnoff ("Dancing with the Stars"), Nicky Hilton, Ashley Palmer ("Paranormal Activity") and Shiva Rose, with many more others..."].

And I still effing don't know what to wear.

How is this happening to me? Part of me feels like this will not actually come through, and I will just be at C3 tomorrow night as usual, sweeping the floor and dying of boredom as girls dressed up in clubbing apparel sweep through our supply of Rockstar and Trident gum.

I'm going to be crossing my fingers until I actually get there. And when I get there I'll probably just be dumbfounded and forget to uncross my fingers. But whatever.

MUCH thanks to Christine Ngo of Ogilvy PR, as well as Teresa Wu for hooking it up.

And the countdown begins! My closet is going to barf itself all over my room as I frantically try to put together a decent outfit. I feel poor and raggedy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady! Again, great meeting you last night! :)

    xo, Becs

    ReplyDelete