Friday, October 23, 2009

daily outfit

This was last week sometime.
---
I woke up this morning to a dreary view. Usually the sun bursts into my room at 8 in the morning, promptly waking me up and giving me enough time to shower, get dressed, and get ready. This morning routine has become something I look forward to lately, usually because I know exactly what I need/what I'm wearing and because it's usually accompanied with some good Mraz music...or lately, Gabe Bondoc or AJ Rafael.

Today was different. I woke up because of my alarm and not the natural beams of sunlight...trudged to the shower and spent 15 minutes in there trying to figure out what to wear today.

The weather merited jeans and a jacket, this much was clear enough. But what to do within those confines? Cold weather makes me so uninspired when dressing, and not to say that I'm the most fashionable beast when the sun is out, but seriously...all I really want to do when the sky is this shade of grey is settle back into bed on my pillow that is the same color (and softness) as the clouds.

I ended up with an easy outfit soon enough. What this outfit succeeded in doing was
a. keeping me warm
b. grouping me with the hoards of other UCI girls who consider this jacket/v-neck/jeans/boots combo their cold weather uniform.

I've heard it said that only dead fish swim with the stream. And today I felt like a very dead fish.

I mean, this is the kind of weather that makes me resort to boots, jeans, v-necks, and American Apparel jackets...definitely comfortable but a variation of this exact outfit is seen on probably 90% of the girls stomping around UCI on these dreary days. This is the wintertime equivalent to the denim shorts/v-necks/rainbows uniform of sunnier times.

Lost in this fleece zip-up kind of weather, I am looking for some inspiration. Comfort is key, of course, but standing out and dressing excitingly is also something of great importance to me. Also not ruining my shoes, because my suede boots have little water splotches on the toe region and frankly, I'm scared for their well-being. Get well soon, boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment